|FEMA Photo library-Liz Roll|
- Purchase generators or ensure generators are in place and operational.
- Be prepared for cash transactions.
- What type of telephone system do you use? Newer systems do not work without power or have six hour battery backups.
- What type of security do you have? As with the telephone system, security systems often have only six hour backups.
- Backup computer business files. Sudden and/or prolonged power outages can result in data loss. When complete, store the files off site.
- In the winter, prepare for safe ways to provide heat to your business.