|FEMA Photo library-Liz Roll|
Getting back to business
Preparation for business restoration
- Purchase generators or ensure generators are in place and operational.
- Be prepared for cash transactions.
- What type of telephone system do you use? Newer systems do not work without power or have limited hours battery backup.
- What type of security do you have? As with the telephone system, security systems often have only limited hours backup.
- Backup computer business files. Sudden and/or prolonged power outages can result in data loss. When complete, store the files offsite.
- Review insurance policies and coverage’s annually with your provider. Update as necessary.
- Make sure insurance and business documents are easy to locate and safe from harm.
- In the winter, prepare for safe ways to provide heat to your business.